Cratejoy is excited to offer the add-on feature for all eligible marketplace sellers. Designed to increase average order values, customer lifetime value, and customer experience all while creating an opportunity to manage any excess inventory, the add-on feature is anticipated to be a game changer for Cratejoy sellers and subscribers alike.
With this new feature you are now able to introduce stand-alone products in addition to subscriptions, expanding your customer carts and potential revenue. Additionally, it provides an opportunity to add a product that might be used more than once in relation to your monthly boxes without spending the operational and shipping costs to fulfill that certain product every month, allowing for more flexible pricing for your subscriptions. For example, if an item is affecting overhead or raising operational costs for every box, you can create an option for buyers to opt-in just for that certain item through the add-on feature.
Ready To Get Started?
Add-On Feature Key Points
- To ensure high quality, the Cratejoy Merchandising team will select add ons for you.
- We are only currently showcasing 3 Add-On products at a time
- In order to set up the Add-On Feature, you’ll need to set up One-Time Product(s)
- To use the Add-on feature, you must be in Per Product Listing Status. If you’re unsure if you are in Per Product Listing status or need help converting to that status, please visit our support article: Creating Product Listings.
What are the Benefits of the Add On Feature?
The Add-Ons feature has countless benefits that enhance the value of your subscription box. The main benefits, but limited to, include:
- Increased average order values. Becoming a successful subscription box business is not just about selling to a high quantity of subscribers, but it’s also about maximizing profits from each subscription. The Add-On feature enables more opportunity for your already invested customers to add more to their order.
- Improved customer experience. Being able to showcase your knowledge and understanding of your customers is an impactful way to resonate with them, supporting a healthy and positive customer experience. The Add-On feature highlights relevant or complementary products that go hand-in-hand with products they’ve already established interest in. If a customer is buying an item that requires supplementary or additional parts or accessories, you’re saving them hassle and time with this feature.
- Increased customer lifetime value. Data from your long term subscribers’ shopping behavior and browsing history can inform the choices you make for your add-on items, supporting your confidence the selected add-on items will be purchased by established subscribers, furthering their subscription timeline.
- Add-Ons Post-Purchase Email. In addition to the checkout touchpoint, buyers now have an opportunity to purchase add-ons through a post-purchase email. After a customer purchases a subscription from your store, Cratejoy will trigger an email encouraging them to add an add-on item to their upcoming shipment.
- Add high-margin products as cross-selling recommendations. This feature provides an opportunity to add a product that might be used more than once in relation to your monthly boxes (think a high quality cake stand for a baking box) without spending the operational and shipping costs to fulfill that certain product every month, which allows for more flexibility in pricing. For example, if an item is affecting overhead or raising operational costs for every box, you can create an option for buyers to opt-in.
Additional Add-On FAQs
- Am I Eligible for Add-On Products?
- How Do I Set Up the Add-On Feature?
- What are the Benefits of the Add-On Feature?
- What are the best practices for the Add-On Feature?
- How will sellers fulfill add-on orders?
- How will sellers see add-on orders in their backend?
As A Reminder…
You have meet the criteria above in order to be eligible for the add-on feature.
Have more questions? Learn more in our support article: Using Add-On Feature.
We’re excited to see what selling add ons on the Marketplace will do for your business!